As you know, I am a lover of mushrooms, so you can bet that Chicken Marsala is a favorite of mine. This is a speedy take on the classic dish with a touch of Asian influence.
- 8 ounces of egg noodles
- 1 lbs. chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 ½ tsp cornstarch, divided
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp broth
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley
- ¼ cup wine, Marsala or sherry
- Cook egg noodles according to package instructions. If noodles are done before the stir fry, set aside and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, 1 tsp cornstarch, and soy sauce. Stir until smooth. Add chicken and stir to coat.
- In second bowl, combine broth, wine, and remaining cornstarch.
- Heat wok over high heat. When hot, add oil and coat. Add chicken, let cook for 1 minute, to sear, then stir for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and stir to combine. Stir sauce mix and pour over chicken and mushrooms. Stir fry until chickened is cooked through, 1 -2 minutes.
Start by cooking your egg noodles according to package instructions. The stir fry cooks up quick, so you'll want to start them before the stir fry. If noodles are done before the stir fry, just set them aside and keep warm.
In a large bowl, combine garlic, 1 tsp cornstarch, and the soy sauce. Stir until the mix is smooth. Add chicken to the bowl and stir to coat.
In a second bowl, combine broth, wine, and remaining cornstarch.
Heat wok over high heat. If you don't have a wok, use a large saute pan. When hot, add oil and turn the wok to coat. Place chicken in wok and let cook for one minute undisturbed to sear. Then stir for one minute.
Add mushrooms to wok. Stir for about one minute to combine.
Stir mix of broth, wine, and cornstarch. Pour sauce over chicken and mushrooms and stir. Continue stirring until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through, about 1 - 2 minutes.
Divide egg noodles among four plates. Spoon chicken mixture over noodles. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Going gluten free? Try serving the chicken over rice.