Crock Pot Pineapple Curry
Who says fruits and vegetables have to be boring? This dish, with it’s curry and red pepper flakes definitely has kick to it! Of course, if you prefer your produce a little on the tamer side, leave out the red pepper and reduce the curry.
I’ve served this over rice, cauliflower, and potatoes, but here I’m serving over eggs to get some protein.
6 hours in crock pot
10 minutes before serving
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (2 med or 1 large), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 5oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 per person (life you plan on leftovers, make fresh eggs)
- 2 tsp olive oil or ghee
- Combine all ingredients except eggs in slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, heat oil in pan on stove top or heat non-stick pan on medium high heat. In bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add eggs to pan and scramble. Remove from heat when no longer runny.
- Serve pineapple curry over eggs.
There's a bit of chopping to start, but then the crock pot takes over. I bought whole vegetables, including the pineapple (hey, it was on sale!) but you can save time by purchasing pre-cut potatoes, onions, peppers, and even cored pineapple in the produce section of your grocery store..
Combine all ingredients except eggs and oil in slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours.
Before serving, heat oil in pan on stove top or heat non-stick pan on medium high heat. In bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add eggs to pan and scramble. Remove from heat when no longer runny.
Serve pineapple curry over eggs.
Want more recipes like this delivered to your inbox each week? Sign up for one of our meal plan subscriptions.
Return the blog home.