Who says fruits and vegetables have to be boring? This dish, with it’s curry and red pepper flakes definitely has kick to it! Of course, if you prefer your produce a little on the tamer side, leave out the red pepper and reduce the curry.
I’ve served this over rice, cauliflower, and potatoes, but here I’m serving over eggs to get some protein.
6 hours in crock pot
10 minutes before serving
This recipe is
Whole 30 Paleo
Gluten Free Dairy Free Nut free
7 WW Green Points / 3 WW Blue Points / 1 WW Purple Point
Jump to nutritional information
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (2 med or 1 large), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 5oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 eggs per person
- 2 tsp olive oil or ghee
- Combine all ingredients except eggs in slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, heat oil in pan on stove top or heat non-stick pan on medium high heat. In bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add eggs to pan and scramble. Remove from heat when no longer runny.
- Serve pineapple curry over eggs.
I will admit, I am not the biggest fan of curry. I can't handle really spicy foods, so I'm very careful with ingredients like curry. However, this is one recipe I really enjoy. The heat of the curry is balances with the sweetness of the pineapple for a delirious meal. This recipe is hearty enough to be a meal on its own, but tonight I'm making some eggs to go with it for a boast of protein.
There's a bit of chopping to start, but then the crock pot takes over. I bought whole vegetables, including the pineapple (hey, it was on sale!) but you can save time by purchasing pre-cut potatoes, onions, peppers, and even cored pineapple in the produce section of your grocery store.
Combine all ingredients except eggs and oil in slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours. That's it! It's really that simple. Now just sit back and let the slow cooker do the work for you, and enjoy the sweet aroma that fills your kitchen.
When you're almost ready to eat, it's time to cook the eggs! Sure, you could get fancy and poach eggs for a hash like meal, but tonight I've kept it simple by just doing scrambled eggs. If you have time, take your eggs out and place them on the counter and allow them to come to room temperature. this isn't necessary if you don't have the time, but the eggs will cook much better if they are at room temperature when they hit the fan.
Heat oil in pan on stove top or heat non-stick pan on medium high heat. In bowl, lightly beat eggs. I usually swirl the oil once it's hot just to make sure my pan is evenly coated. Add eggs to pan and scramble. Remove from heat when no longer runny.
Serve pineapple curry over eggs.
Want more recipes like this delivered to your inbox each week? Sign up for one of our meal plan subscriptions.
Return to ingredients and instructions.
Return the blog home.