I like sheet pan recipes. They’re simple, little prep work, and little clean up. But I really love this dish! The best part of it is the leftovers. The steak and potatoes make a great base for a hash the next morning!
- 2 Pounds of Flank Steak
- 2 Pounds of Small Red Potatoes
- 2 Cups of Broccoli
- 1 Medium Onion sliced
- 1 Red Pepper cut into cubes
- 4 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons of ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon of dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to "high" in broil mode.
- Add cooking spray (or olive oil) to sheet pan.
- Separately boil the potatoes with salt for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cloves of garlic, the olive oil, the cumin, the oregano, and salt and pepper. Mix well and add the broccoli, the onions, the red pepper and boiled potatoes and then add to the sheet pan.
- Season the flank steak with pepper, salt, and the rest of the garlic, and cut into thin slices and add to the sheet pan.
- Put the sheet pan with all of the ingredients in the broiler for 5 - 7 minutes and then flip the meat and continue cooking on broil for 5 - 7 more minutes until cooked to your desired level of doneness.
So few ingredients, so much goodness on the way! Start by preheating your broiler, preparing a baking sheet with cooking spray, and bringing a pot of water to a boil.
When prepping the vegetables, start with the potatoes. Since potatoes take longer to cook than anything else, you’ll boil them for a little bit first to give them a head start.
When the water is boiling, add the potatoes and salt. Cook the potatoes for about twenty minutes. Meanwhile, prep the rest of your ingredients.
In a large bowl, combine your garlic, olive oil, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Add the rest of the vegetables. When the potatoes are done, drain them and add to the bowl. Mix to coat the vegetables with the oil and seasoning. Spread the vegetables out evenly over the sheet pan.
Season the flank steak with pepper, salt, and the rest of the garlic (or your favorite steak seasoning), and cut into thin slices. Top the vegetables with the steak.
Place the sheet pan in the broiler for 5 to 7 minutes. Flip the meat and broil for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked to your desired level of doneness. Serve hot.
This recipe is included in this week’s Whole 30 and Simple Balance meal plans.
Want meal plans, complete with shopping list delivered to your email every week? Sign up for Hoppin Meal Plans subscription!