Garlic Shrimp Soup
I love soup, but admit, the soup pot doesn’t come out as often as it should. I’ve always had it in my head that soup has to sit and simmer for a long time, even though I now know it’s not true. Know what else also isn’t true? That soup is for cold weather! There are plenty of great spring and supper soups, and this is one of them.
This recipe is
Whole 30 3 WW Freestyle Points Under 30 minutes Keto Paleo
Gluten Free Dairy Free
- 1 1/4 lbs. peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (omit for Paleo)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- In medium pot, heat oil on medium-low heat. Add red peppers and sauté until soft (4 minutes).
- Add green onion whites, 1/4 cup cilantro, garlic and red pepper flakes, cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk and 1/4 tsp salt, increase heat and bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low about 10 minutes to let the flavors blend and to thicken the sauce.
- Add shrimp and cook 5 to 6 minutes, until opaque and cooked through.
- Add lime juice.
- To serve, divide equally among 4 bowls, about 1 1/4 cups then top with green onions and cilantro.
Want more recipes like this delivered to your inbox each week? Sign up for one of our meal plan subscriptions.
Return the blog home.