Think pasta is all about the carbs? Well, let's be honest, we love our carbs, but this recipe is more than pasta. It's full of vegetables and protein, creating a delicious balance for a family meal. Just cooking for one or two? Here's a secret - this dish tastes even better the next day!
This dish is 9 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points.
- 8 oz linguine
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 28 oz tomato sauce
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray casserole pan.
- Cook pasta and spinach according to directions.
- In skillet, heat oil on medium high. When hot, add mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Cook until onions are clear (5 -6 minutes).
- Add to cooked pasta and drained spinach and mix well. Add to casserole pan.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in tomato sauce, seasonings, and Parmesan cheese. Pour over pasta. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle mozzarella over the top and cook 5 more minutes.
Start by preheating you oven to 350. You'll need a large casserole pan. Spray it with cooking spray. Cook your pasta and spinach according to package directions. Don't worry if they're done before you need them, you won't need to worry about the pasta and spinach cooling to much before you use them. When the pasta is done, drain, don't let it sit in the water. Drain the spinach too.
In skillet, heat oil on medium high. When the oil is hot, add mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Cook until onions are clear, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the pasta and spinach to the mushroom and onion skillet. Mix to combine. Add the mix to your casserole pan.
In large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in the tomato sauce, seasonings, and Parmesan cheese. Pour the mix into the casserole pan.
Stir the sauce and eggs into the pasta. Cover dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, remove dish from oven and remove foil. Sprinkle mozzarella over the top and cook 5 more minutes.
Pasta and cheese, what's not to love! And the vegetables and eggs make this a guilt free indulgence! (Ok, maybe low-guilt indulgence.)
This dish is included in our Simple Balance and Quick and Easy plans for May 3rd. Did you get your meal plan? Check out of subscriptions and never worry about planning dinner again!
Return to blog home.