Oh mango! Sweet, juicy, mango! I’ve used pineapple before in stir fries, but here mango takes center stage – and it’s well deserved!
This recipe is
Whole 30 (see ingredient note) 3 WW Freestyle Points Under 30 minutes
Gluten Free Dairy Free
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mango chunks
*If you’re doing Whole 30, use coconut aminos for the soy sauce, and Whole 30 compliant flour for the cornstarch (try arrowroot or coconut).
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Place the chicken in the pan in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. You may need to cook the chicken in batches.
- Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Repeat the process with any remaining chicken.
- Add the peppers to the pan with the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar and cornstarch.
- Pour the chicken broth mixture over the chicken and vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has just thickened.
- Stir in the mango chunks and serve.
This recipe will be featured in next week’s Simple Balance and Quick and Easy meal plan. Be sure not to miss out by signing up for our meal plan subscription.
Return the blog home.